**Now interviewing for Spring Internships at DiverseArts Culture Works**
DiverseArts offers internships every semester in the following areas:
* Arts Administration/Gallery Assistant: Upper division college student preferred with any major. Preference for Art/Culture and Business related majors. Seeking organized individual with interest learning more about the always interesting-never boring world of non-profit management. This position is a mix of generalist arts management and gallery operations responsibilities. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who loves the arts and seeks experience that leads to future management and leadership positions.
* Events Production: Open to all majors, but prefer outgoing, organized Business, Communications, or Music students wishing to enter the production side of the music business and ready for a challenge. The production assistant is an important asset to DiverseArts' annual Season of live music, community events, and fine art exhibits.
* Advertising, Fundraising and Sponsorship Development: Motivated, outgoing Marketing, Business, Communications, or Journalism major with interest in organizational development, sales and the arts industries. Requires time in office and field, dependable car, and professional attitude. Commission is available for completed sponsorship contracts. Familiarity with bookkeeping software helpful. Great hands-on experience for future account and non-profit development executives.
* Publicity: Prefer Marketing, Communications, English, or Journalism major with fantastic writing skills. Responsibilities include: media contact, writing and sending press releases, writing/editing copy for marketing materials, updating website and contact lists, keeping track of correspondence, maintaining contact with artists and associates, and researching exciting new ways to spread the word about DiverseArts programs.
* Multimedia and Web Development: Prefer junior, senior, or graduate-level student specializing in New/Multimedia, Documentary Studies, Information Science, Film, History, or Musicology. The multimedia intern will work extensively with DiverseArts' Blues Family Tree Archive digitizing video and audio, organizing an archive system for materials, maintaining searchable database, updating the Blues Family Tree website, and working on the development team of our new Cultural History Documentary site. Opportunity to provide input for publishing activities in various media.
• Graphic/Web Design: Seeking upper level graphic design student with extensive CS2/3 and design/web publishing software knowledge. Intern will assist with layout and image editing of marketing materials for print and web. Creativity and fresh ideas are important, but must also understand art direction. Good writing skills a plus
• Cultural History Research Assistant/Intern: Seeking upper division history, English, cultural/urban anthropology, and related Humanities students with a strong interest in African American history, cultural history, qualitative research, and ability to interpret primary source materials. Ideal candidates are strong writers with the ability to effectively work as part of a team that includes new media, documentary, and information technology students. The primary project for this work group is to do new research, use existing primary source materials, and write narrative text for a variety of publishing application. The focus of the work is the history of the African American community in Central East Austin.
Successful applicants for these positions are personable, mature self-starters who are committed, organized, creative, and results-oriented; relaxed, but not slackers. All internships range from 10 to 20 hours per week with flexible scheduling. Please complete the downloadable application (in Word or Adobe Acrobat PDF formats) .
You may attach to email and send to email@example.com (Please include INTERNSHIPS in the subject field), or via postal mail to DiverseArts, 1601 East 5th St.; Suite 106, Austin, Texas, 78702.
Contact Harold McMillan at 512-477-9438 or email Email for more information.